Ernest Wong is the Owner and President of site design group, ltd.; a professional landscape architecture and urban design firm located in Chicago. He has owned and operated the firm for the past 30 years. He is responsible for business development and securing municipal, institutional, higher education, and private development projects throughout the country.
Mr. Wong holds a Bachelor of Landscape Architecture degree from Michigan State University. His achievements and awards include the following:
- Chair of the Board for the Near South Planning Board
- Vice-Chair, Commission on Chicago Landmarks
- Juror for the Richard H. Driehaus Foundation Award for Architectural Excellence in Community Design
- 2020 Keynote speaker for Chicago Loop Alliance Annual Meeting
- 2017 Keynote Speaker for National Minority Supplier Development Council (NMSDC)
- 2016 ILASLA Firm of the Year
- 2013 Class of Fellows – American Society of Landscape Architects
- 2011 Community Service Award – Asian American Coalition of Chicago
- 2010 Chicago Tribune “Chicagoan of the Year”
- 2007 Business Leader of Color – Chicago United
Mr. Wong is a lifelong Chicago resident from Hyde Park/Kenwood. He shares a German Shepard mix with his sons Justin and Jayson. He is a fan of Chicago Public School high school basketball, occasionally plays piano, hikes in the woods, and visits Chinatowns all over the world (at least to eat Chinese food).