CASL is currently recruiting for our next Culinary Training Program cohort.
For more than 30 years, CASL’s Culinary Training Program has successfully trained and placed over 1,500 students in culinary positions. This is a great program for anyone interested in a career in the culinary industry. We place our student graduates in high-end establishments with employee benefits.
Students of the Culinary Training Program learn Western-style culinary techniques from our accomplished Chef Instructor. Chinese speaking students in need of vocational English are required to take a one-week Vocational English Language class before the start of the culinary training, and will thereafter be guided throughout the culinary training. Classes are from 8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m., Monday through Friday at the Chinese American Service League, 2141 S. Tan Court, Chicago, IL 60616.
The Culinary Training Program includes:
- 12-week basic culinary training and hands-on experience in Western cuisine
- Vocational English Language (VEL) instruction and support
- Chicago Food Sanitation certification
- Case Management
- Pre-employment counseling, job placement, and employment retention services
- Access to our CTP Alumni Club that has employer partners with on-call job opportunities paying $20-$30 per hour.
Individuals interested in the Culinary Training Program must be at least 18 years old, and a Cook County resident. Total program costs are $5,530 (training material and supplies included at no cost). However, tuition fees are waived for qualifying low-income individuals.
For information and registration, please call 312.791.0418 x3612 OR email firstname.lastname@example.org.