For more than 30 years, CASL’s Culinary Training Program has successfully trained and placed over 1,500 students in culinary positions. Graduates are placed with one of over 100 culinary industry employers who partner with us–such as Flying Food Group, Tyson Foods Inc., the Hyatt Group, the Hilton Group, Four Seasons Hotel, and The Art Institute of Chicago.
Students of the Culinary Training Program learn Western-style culinary techniques from Chef Phillip Thigpen, Head Instructor. Those students in need of learning Vocational English as a Second Language can take a one-week language class with instructor Raymond Lau before the culinary class begins, and will thereafter be guided in culinary language as well as food preparation.
The Culinary Training Program includes:
- 16-week basic culinary training and hands-on experience in Western cuisine
- Chicago Food Sanitation certification
- Vocational English as a Second Language (VESL)
- Transportation assistance
- Pre-employment counseling, job placement, and employment retention services
Must be at least 18 years old, and a Cook County resident. Tuition fees waived for qualifying low-income individuals.
For information and registration, please call 312.791.0418 x3612 OR email firstname.lastname@example.org.