CONTACT: Eliza Chan, Manager email@example.com
Community & Family Well-Being makes certain that members of our community secure the human rights, foundational services, and public benefits necessary to function and thrive in our society. By stabilizing individuals, we are able to strengthen families and the community as a whole.
- Healthcare Outreach and Coordination is offered in partnership with local hospitals and organizations, and helps those in need to navigate healthcare systems, understand insurance, and gain access to vital resources such as culturally sensitive primary care physicians, women’s health services, wellness maintenance workshops, and health screening.
- Case Management assesses needs and makes referrals to the appropriate resources.
- Benefits enrollment assistance in programs—such as Medicaid, Supplemental Security Income, Women, Infants, and Children (WIC), and Low Income Energy Assistance Program (LIHEAP)—ensure that members of our community have their basic needs met.
- Immigration Services puts immigrants on the path to citizenship through application, education, naturalization, and reunification for those who wish to bring their families to the United States.
- English as a Second Language (ESL) classes empower individuals with the dignity and confidence they need to establish healthy, productive lives in our society.
- Entitlement programs ensure that members of our community have guidance with Social Security applications, Social Security benefits, and other civic benefits they have a right to.
- Chinatown Pro Bono Legal Clinic is run by attorneys from various law firms and government agencies. They provide free legal consultation for walk-in clients on matters such as family law, real estate, landlord-tenant, immigration, housing, contracts and warranties, consumer fraud, employment, housing, probate, torts, collections, some criminal, and violations of municipal and regulatory laws.
- Advocacy projects—executed in tandem with other local organizations—help keep our community inspired to make positive changes and motivated to take action.