Employment & Training Department
The Employment and Training Department provides counseling and placement services to those seeking work.
- The Community Employment Program helps with interview techniques, employment counseling and job placement, and its Year-Round Youth Employment Services address the particular needs of youth.
- The Community Technology Center is a free resource where people may access job information online and prepare materials.
- The Chef Training Program is a 16-week course that trains students in continental cuisine and places graduates at Chicago’s fine restaurants, hotels and catering services. This program is free for qualified residents of the City of Chicago; non-residents are also encouraged to apply.
- Title V – Senior Community Service Employment Program fosters and promotes part-time opportunities in community services activities for unemployed low-income older adults who are age 55 or above and who have poor employment prospects. ·Through paid part-time job placement in community or government organizations, seniors will upgrade their job skills and transition to unsubsidized jobs in public or private sectors to become economically self-sufficient.
When is the next training session? We are currently accepting students for the next session of our Chef Training Program, starting 12/16/13 - 4/4/14. Head Start English for this session from 12/2/13 - 12/13/13. For more information and to enroll, please see the following materials:
- Chef Training Program Catalog
- Registration Form
"Like" the Chinese American Service League on Facebook!